What will you learn in this MongoDB training?
- Introduction to NoSQL database system
- Implementation of JSON/BSON data types
- Scope of NoSQL in real-world scenarios
- Concept of sharding to learn scalability and availability
- Performing CRUD operations to design schemas
- Stack, Merge, and Strsplit functions and implementation
- Data management using MongoDB
- Database security risk and MongoDB security approach
- MongoDB integration with Java and Jaspersoft
- Working with unstructured data like images, videos, and log data
Who should take up this online MongoDB training?
- Software Developers, Architects, and Administrators
- Database and Analytics Professionals
- Project Managers and Trainers
- System Administrators
- Research Professionals
- Those who are looking for a career in Big Data
What are the prerequisites for learning MongoDB?
There is no need for any specific knowledge. A basic idea of databases can be helpful.
Why should you take up MongoDB training?
- MongoDB is the most widely used NoSQL database application – InfoWorld
- A MongoDB Database Administrator in the United States can earn $129,000 – Indeed
- Global Big Data market to reach $122 billion in revenue in six years – Frost & Sullivan
MongoDB is a very useful NoSQL database that is being used by some of the biggest corporations in the world. Due to its versatile and scalable nature, it can be used for data sets like social media, videos and so on. This MongoDB certification training course from Edutech Skills will provide you with the right set of skills to work with NoSQL databases in the best companies.
Introduction to NoSQL and MongoDB
RDBMS, types of relational databases, challenges of RDBMS, NoSQL database, its significance, how NoSQL suits Big Data needs, introduction to MongoDB and its advantages, MongoDB installation, JSON features, data types and examples
Installing MongoDB, basic MongoDB commands and operations, MongoChef (MongoGUI) installation and MongoDB data types
Hands-on Exercise: Install MongoDB and install MongoChef (MongoGUI)
Importance of NoSQL
The need for NoSQL, types of NoSQL databases, OLTP, OLAP, limitations of RDBMS, ACID properties, CAP Theorem, Base property, learning about JSON/BSON, database collection and documentation, MongoDB uses, MongoDB write concern—acknowledged, replica acknowledged, unacknowledged, journaled—and Fsync
Hands-on Exercise: Write a JSON document
Understanding CRUD and its functionality, CRUD concepts, MongoDB query and syntax and read and write queries and query optimization
Hands-on Exercise: Use insert query to create a data entry, use find query to read data, use update and replace queries to update and use delete query operations on a DB file
Data Modeling and Schema Design
Concepts of data modelling, difference between MongoDB and RDBMS modelling, model tree structure, operational strategies, monitoring and backup
Hands-on Exercise: Write a data model tree structure for a family hierarchy
Data Management and Administration
In this module, you will learn MongoDB® Administration activities such as health check, backup, recovery, database sharding and profiling, data import/export, performance tuning, etc.
Hands-on Exercise: Use shard key and hashed shard keys, perform backup and recovery of a dummy dataset, import data from a CSV file and export data to a CSV file
Data Indexing and Aggregation
Concepts of data aggregation and types and data indexing concepts, properties and variations
Hands-on Exercise: Do aggregation using pipeline, sort, skip and limit and create index on data using single key and using multi-key
Understanding database security risks, MongoDB security concept and security approach and MongoDB integration with Java and Robomongo
Hands-on Exercise: MongoDB integration with Java and Robomongo
Working with Unstructured Data
Implementing techniques to work with variety of unstructured data like images, videos, log data and others and understanding GridFS MongoDB file system for storing data
Hands-on Exercise: Work with variety of unstructured data like images, videos, log data and others